- I was on Pinterest and came across a photo that caught my attention. sweetcdesigns.com turned an old sewing machine into a server station using spray paint. I decided to use chalk paint to transform this old sewing table. I found this piece at a local thrift store.
- First, I cleaned the piece with TSP (check out the video on how to clean your furniture before painting http://wp.me/p4iGdq-4v ) It was quite dirty and who knows where and how long this piece was sitting around collecting dirt. Here is a before picture…..
- Next, I used Annie Sloan chalk paint and mixed Old white with Provence and it created a beautiful blue. (1 cup Provence & 3/4 cup old white)
- Then, I painted two coats and let dry in between. I put a clear wax to seal the paint.
- I should of done this step earlier but when everything was dry I took out all the parts inside that are not necessary out.
- I found this galvanized bucket at Michael’s craft store. It was the perfect size for the job. I ended up painting the hardware originally on the piece.
- Now it was time to add a shelf. This part I had to ask for help. A friend helped cut to size a piece of wood I had laying around and sealed it with Shellac.
- Then I wanted to add some leftover trim for some flair. I cut to size the trim and used clamps to hold trim in place. I used gorilla glue to hold the trim in place.
It is now ready! What do you think? This piece is for sale $99.00 bucket is included. Local delivery or pick up in Central Florida. Call or text at 352.286.9518 if interested and for more information.