I found this old crib at a local thrift store. I’m going to show you how you can make it into a chalkboard.
- First, clean the piece with a damp cloth and let dry.
- Second, pick the color of your choice to paint the border. I decided to paint it white first then I changed my mind and chose red instead.
- Third, put two coats of red paint in Emperor’s silk color.
- Fourth, brush on two coats of chalkboard paint and let dry between. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of this process.
- Last, seal with clear wax. If you want more character use dark wax sparingly with a dry brush and wipe with a cotton rag.
I love how it came out! I will be making another one soon. The other parts of the crib will be Upcycled as well. I hope this inspires you to do something similar. Please share and comment below. I would love to hear from you.