This week I enjoyed turning an ordinary side table into a super adorable piece. Here are the steps for the makeover.
- First I cleaned it with a damp cloth. Here is a before picture.
- Second, I had leftover paint from a previous project and decided to paint it Graphite (ASCP). Two coats and let dry. I took the drawer out and did not paint that part. I flipped the piece over to get better coverage on the legs. (Always a good idea to flip over and paint)
- Next, I applied a coat of wax and lightly distressed edges with a sand block.
- Then, I changed the knob on the drawer.
- Finally, I waited overnight and buffed the piece with a clean cotton rag the next day.
- It’s ready for a new home now! My friend recently gave me this piece. (Thanks Jaime!) I’m very excited that someone will enjoy this piece in their home. It’s for sale! Thanks for reading!