- I’m going to show you how I transformed this vintage armoire. Here is a before photo…
- First, I cleaned it with TSP and aired it out for a few weeks. It had an unpleasant smell to it. I also used fabric softener sheets and placed them randomly inside.
- Next, I chose French Linen ASCP color for the first and second coat. I worked all around from top to bottom making sure I painted all the areas. Here is a video I shared on Instagram and Facebook…..
- Then, I worked on the details of the piece with Old White ASCP using a small brush.
- The next step is adding some depth and I clear waxed the outside of the armoire.
- I took 1/2 water 1/2 of old white ASCP ( one tablespoon)and painted on randomly. I used a white rag and rubbed off after 15-20 seconds. This created a subtle white washed look. (Very hard to show picture of the results)
The inside of armoire was the last thing I worked on. I painted inside two coats of Old White ASCP. I light distressed the outside and inside with a sand block.
While everything is drying I painted the original handles old white. For a splash of color I replaced 4 with blue glass ones I purchased at Hobby Lobby. ( FYI Hobby Lobby has knobs on sale every other week!)
Overall it took about 2 1/2 weeks to complete this project. The armoire has wheels so it can be easily transported. I’m very happy how it turned out. What do you think?
* I apologize for the pictures. The lighting in my home is not that great and the weather lately has not helped with better lighting. *
I will be bringing it to Wagon Wheel Antique Mall next week. Don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom and check out my items currently for sale. Thank you for reading!